Wedding Cake Terms and Conditions
By ordering from Vanilla Bean Bakery you agree to be legally bound by these Terms and Conditions and accept that these Conditions may be modified or amended and posted on this website from time to time.
Terms and Conditions
- You can reserve your wedding date with a €100 refundable* deposit. (*Your deposit is fully refundable if you cancel your reserve date by email at least 3 months before your wedding date) The deposit is not refundable if the cancellation is received less than 3 months before the date of the wedding.
- Balance must be paid not later than 14 days prior to the wedding date. Failure to pay the balance on or before this date will result in your order being cancelled and you will lose your deposit. We can take payments by cash, bank transfer or PayPal.
- We endeavor to provide the cake(s) to the agreed design, as it is homemade product small variances to the design may occur. Artistic interpretation of the design requirements or practical requirements to ensure the stability of the cake(s) may also result in variances to the final design. The images on our website are examples of our cakes.
Any image provided as part of the description of similar goods is given for illustrative purposes only. We do not do exact replicas and variations of colour and design may apply.
- The date of your final payment is the final date for any changes of size, style or flavors of the cake. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges.
- We are not responsible for any damage to the cake after setup is complete. You are responsible for providing an appropriate and secure table and environment for the cake(s). Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table, and optimal room temperature of 23 degrees Celsius or below.
- If flowers are provided by an outside source, we will add to your cake for an additional fee. You acknowledge that fresh flowers are not a food product, and may contain pesticides, insects, dirt, or other contaminants. Vanilla Bean Bakery or Linda Johnson do not accept any responsibility for any illness caused by the use of Fresh Flowers on your Wedding Cake.
- If you or your representative elects to pick up and set up the cake, you assume all liability and responsibility for the condition of the cake once it leaves our possession.
- On occasion we will photograph our cakes and we reserve the right to use any photographs for display or promotion without compensation to you.
- Performance of this agreement is contingent upon our ability to complete the Agreement and is subject to labor disputes or strikes, accidents, Acts of God, and other causes beyond our control.
Allergy Information: Our cakes contain butter, wheat flour, eggs and nuts and are made in an environment that handles nuts and soya. We do not cater for special dietary Requirements. We accept no liability for a customer suffering an allergic reaction from consuming our cakes. You agree to notify your guests of this risk and hold us harmless for allergic reactions.
If you wish to make a complaint to us or let us know any concerns after receiving your cake/s, please do so by email to email@example.com. Evidence of any faults, damages or discrepancies should be included. Any refunds will be given entirely at our discretion.